To support and promote our communities and the long-term care industry by assisting our homes and programs to provide essential services in an environment that nurtures personal relationships, encourages individual choices and values the unique contributions of each care giver and recipient.
- Our residents, families and employees are the "Most Important People."
- We will encourage our residents and families to make choices in the care they receive.
- We will support our employees to do the best that they can.
- We will appreciate each person for who they are.
As part of our Person Directed Care initiative, ABCM has identified 10 core values to direct our efforts.
- Shared Vision: Defining and communicating our Person Directed Care culture
- Individuality and Self Determination: Celebrating the individual and providing choices
- Individualized Care: Optimum individualized care including accommodation of needs
- Relationships: Creating an atmosphere of relationship building between and among residents, staff, families and the community
- Empowerment: Providing opportunities for staff and residents in work and life decisions
- Like-Home Environment: De-institutionalized environment with opportunities found at home
- Learning Organization: Atmosphere of ongoing and non-traditional learning opportunities
- Customer Service: Atmosphere of hospitality and service including accommodation of wishes
- Recognition and Celebration: Recognition of individual and team efforts in carrying out the Mission Statement and Person Directed Care
- Maintenance: Maintaining standards through hiring and retaining the right employees